Monday, June 21, 2010

Dear Sophia,

Today is the first day of Summer. Ever since I knew that you had decided to stay with me back in October, I dreamed of this day. Would you be a Spring Baby or a Summer Baby? Early or late? Today is the day you were due to make your appearance. Today is the day everyone would know your name. Today is the day that I mourn you most. 

Sweet girl, Mommy loves you so much. Your nursery was looking so good. We had so many cute things picked out to gives you smiles and giggles. I can't bare to touch your room. Your cousin is coming any day now. We think you two would have been the best of friends. Please watch over her and keep her safe. 

Sophia, you are everything I dreamed of. The moments that I got to hold you are ones that I will cherish for the rest of my life. In those moments, you made me a Mother. You made your Daddy a Daddy. Baby Girl, you are with me each day and I miss you so very much.

4 comments:

Mon said...

Thinking of you and your precious baby today and her cousin....

Meim said...

Sincerely remembering with you today, and sending lots of hugs your way.

Today sucks.

LilBear said...

You've been on my mind a lot lately. I know today is tough. So sorry.

rebecca said...

So very sorry for your loss. We just lost our daughter a little over a week ago 23wks into my pregnancy & I have often thought about how difficult her due date in October is going to be for me. Thinking of you!