Thursday, June 3, 2010

To Write Their Names in the Sand

There is a lady in Australia who takes pictures of names in the sand of children gone too soon. The site is To Write Their Names in the Sand. Carly writes the names requested in the sand of a beach in Perth, Australia. The last time she took names, I was able to get my request in and Sophia's name has just gone up on her site. In a way, it hurts my heart to see it, to know why it is there, but it also brings some peace as well. These photos are done in memorial of her son, and it is a beautiful tribute to these precious babies. I will treasure this photograph always. Thank you, Carly. 

3 comments:

cdg said...

This is so beautiful, although I imagine bitter sweet for you.
The woman who does these must be amazing, what a great tribute to her loss.

Mellow said...

That is beautiful. I stumbled upon your site accidentally this evening and was reading some of your previous posts when I saw this one. I understand your pain as my husband I lost our newborn son when he was 8 days old, to meningitis. It took us 9 years to conceive him and finally IVF worked for us. It is so unexpected to lose someone you planned so long for. Just want you to know I will be praying for you as you walk through your grief. Our baby passed away in April as well. You are not alone in your pain.

Marsha

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo and great way to honor the memory of Sophia.