Friday, September 24, 2010

Plan of Action

Seeing Dr. J is always interesting. He is so laid back and good to us. He started off by wanting to throw my whole record out the window and start over. He is so disappointed things haven't worked for us. He is such a good man. The whole appointment was us going back and forth with ideas, and he truly listened to what we had to say. We have decided to look into a few things before moving forward. 

1. Endometrial Biopsy the month before a Transfer. Studies have shown that by disrupting the lining, it may help with implantation. At this point, we are up for anything.

2. DH going to a Urologist to see if we can get numbers up. Even though we went straight to IVF, we want to see if there could ever be a possibility for IUI because that is covered completely. 

3. Using GSN on all embryos at 8 cell. It is a new technology somewhat like PGD and will cost an extra $5,000. RE would stim me very hard to make as many embryos as possible. He already apologized for what it would be like. Yikes. 

4. Gestational Carrier. Each time I do a transfer now, I am putting my life at risk because of how I developed Pre-eclampsia. I am the one that brought this up to the RE and he agreed that if we had a carrier in mind, he wanted to talk to her. I was ok with this, until I put it on the table, and now I am freaking out about never being pregnant again, even though I know it would be best. 

5. Transferring to both the GC and me at the same time in hopes that something would work. He seemed intrigued by my idea and said he would think about it. I honestly think he would go with it if he could.

So there you have it. We will be working on some of these as the year goes on, but won't do another IVF until next summer. Many, many things to work out in the mean time. Not sure what to think or how to even go about it, but it's a plan.

3 comments:

cjdubs13 said...

Wishing you the best of luck!

cdg said...

wow, that is a lot to take in, espeically the part the part about the gestational carrier and the risks to your life. I hope you guys can come to a plan that makes sense for you and glad that you are taking lots of time to figure it out. Thinking of you....

Mon said...

My cousin lost her first baby to preeclampsia but then she had 3 more and never developed it again ! Good luck with everything