Tuesday, June 10, 2008

For Baby Ru

I am somewhat of a superstitious person, so knowing what the odds are with IVF I am careful as to what I might associate with the process if something were to go wrong. I have won a diamond solitaire necklace, given to me by my hubby, for the last 5 years. This necklace means so much to me. It was my 21st birthday and right before he proposed. The necklace has had a lot of happy memories associated with it.

So I made it my mission to find a replacement for this special piece. Earlier this year, I saw the movie 27 dresses and admired many of the necklaces Katherine Heigl wore. One in particular caught my eye. It was a small disc pendant with a small engraving. I loved the look. Ever since then I have wanted to recapture this look for my own little piece of heaven.

When we got the go ahead for IVF I knew I had to act. I looked far and wide and came up with this from 3 different places:

The first pic is of the front side with an R for our last name.
I wanted a letter that presented both Ty and myself.


This pic is of the backside of the pendant. The BR is for Baby Ru,
our affectionate name for the little one who has yet to visit us.

Corny? Probably. Us? Yes. I needed something to represent our struggle, something that could go away if I needed it to. Something so we would never forget what this has meant for our relationship. IVF makes you look at things differently and we are just trying to live life to its fullest.

No comments: